Tuesday 27 January 2015

Barbers Pole

Today I have started to make the objects for my 3D architectural walkthrough. I have started off with the barbers pole. Firstly I had to create a skin colour. I used the software photoshop to create a row of white and red stripes to create the effect of the barbers pole. Here is a screen shot below of the stripes of white and red.
Next I went on the software Cinema 4d to create the barbers pole. Firstly I went on google and searched for designs of barbers pole, I did this because I wanted to get a visual image of how a barbers pole looks. This will help me with the process of making the barbers pole. From looking at barbers poles I could tell which shapes to use to create my own . For example the main shape to create the barbers pole was a cylinder . I used a cylinder as the main object. 

Next I used a photo from google so I could copy the image but with my own design. Though out the creation of the barbers pole I will have to use three Cylinder to make the barbers pole. The first one is the pole which is the main object, second one is the bottom of the barbers pole and the thread and final one is at the top of the pole. 

Next I wanted the white and red stripes to go on to my barbers pole. To do this I had to go to file and then to load the white and red stripe materials. The next step will be choosing the materials from my desktop, after sectioning the materials I transferred the material over to the main cylinder. After transferring the materials over to the cylinder the red and white stripes will appear on the cylinder. Here is a screen shot of the cylinder with the material.


After transferring the material over to the cylinder I then added a light to the barbers pole. I did this because I wanted the barbers pole to look more realistic and when adding the light it will show a glossy and new look to the barbers pole. Here is a photo of the light shinning on to the barbers pole. 

Here is the finished piece of my barbers pole. 


Here is the barbers pole when rendered. As you can see, the barbers pole has a shadow in the background. From adding a shadow the barbers pole looks more realistic. 



No comments:

Post a Comment